When cleaning the house, many people overlook cleaning their home décor, such as throw pillows. For those of you wondering can you wash throw pillows, the answer is yes. How to wash throw pillows varies, though, because of the materials they are made from.
For example, a silk throw pillow requires dry cleaning, while a foam-filled one does not. Before you start washing throw pillows, consult their labels for detailed washing instructions. While some might appear machine washable, they may not be.
Nobody wants to toss a soft cushion inside a washing machine for it to come out in a clumpy mess. Consulting the care label is the best way to know how to clean throw pillows, but what if the tag is unreadable or missing?
The only thing to do is to make your best guess as to what materials it contains. Once you identify the materials used in your throw pillows, follow one of our tips and tricks for washing them.
- Useful Tips and Tricks when Washing Throw Pillows
- Best Way to Clean Throw Pillows without Removable Covers
- How to Clean Throw Pillows Made of Foam
- How to Wash Throw Pillows with a Sponge
- Washing Throw Pillows in a Washing Machine
- Tips for Cleaning Pillow Covers
- Best Advice for Drying Throw Pillows
- Spot Cleaning Your Favorite Throw Pillows
- Can I Pre-Treat Stains on My Throw Pillows?
- Tips for How to Clean Suede Pillows
- How Can I Freshen Up My Pillows?
- How Can I Keep My Pillows Clean Longer?